The Kimball Research Institute (LFKRI) at the New York Blood Center Enterprises (NYBCe), located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City, invites applications for multiple open positions at the level of Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
Several LFKRI Principal Investigators are seeking talented candidates to serve in this role, including:
Our faculty members seek highly motivated and exceptionally creative candidates to lead cutting-edge research projects in blood cellular therapy, inflammation and immunology, and hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) biology.
Learn more about our Research focus areas.
Successful candidates will:
- Join an academic NIH-funded research environment with state-of-the-art facilities in one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary group of research scientists, including basic and translational investigators, across the blood center as well as with pharma companies.
- Participate in the Research Fellow/Staff Committee offering online career development courses and lectures on topics related to academic success and industry careers, monthly journal club, and lecture series by invited speakers.
- Conduct and design independent research under the direction of the lab Principal Investigator (PI).
- Perform cell cultures, molecular and biochemical bench work, including tissue harvesting, cell processing, histology, omics, flow cytometry, and imaging.
- Animal husbandry.
- Summarize experimental data and assist in drafting figures, results, and methods under the direction of the PI.
- Mentor junior research assistants/technicians/volunteers.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the present scientific literature relating to the research in the laboratory.
- Public presentation of research findings to other members of the scientific community.
- Extremely competitive base salary to qualified candidates commensurate with the qualifications and experience.
- Additional $20K Postdoc housing allowance in addition to base salary.
- Assistance with the Visa application process.
- Support from LFKRI staff to locate housing opportunities.
- A generous benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, retirement plan, wellness programs,
For applicants who will perform this position in New York City or Westchester County, the proposed annual salary is $53,750/year to $64,292/year, and commensurate with the applicant’s skills, job-related knowledge, and experience. For applicants who will perform this position outside of New York City or Westchester County, salary will reflect local market rates.
Individual salary rates are based on the applicant’s experience level, as guided by the NIH (National Institute of Health). Please see the current salary scale for postdoctoral experience levels on the National Institute of Health website.
Ph.D. or M.D. (or equivalent foreign degree) in Biomedical Sciences, including in the field of Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology, Genetics, Immunology, or Hematology/Oncology are preferred. However, all relevant degrees will be considered. Candidates with a track record of publication are desired. Ph.D./M.D. degree(s) must be in hand at the time of the appointment.
- Letter of application that briefly summarizes qualifications and interest in the position (required)
- Curriculum vitae (required)
- Contact information of at least two references with knowledge of the candidate’s career (required before hire).