- Students selected to participate in the LFKRI-Summer Undergraduate Research Program at New York Blood Center Enterprises will be part of our cutting-edge biomedical research. They will work side-by-side with some of the world leading research scientists.
- Students are matched with laboratories according to their stated research interests and will work on projects under the direct supervision of faculty and postdoctoral fellows.
- Research projects in biomedical sciences and public health directly related to the following areas of research: Transfusion Medicine, Hematology and Immunology, Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology.
- Students must commit to 10 weeks full time start date June 1.
- At the end of the summer program, students will present their research findings in a formal seminar to the institute.
- We offer competitive financial compensation. Accepted students will be paid up to $6,000 (please note – this includes salary/housing and travel support).
- COVID-19 provisions: due to the ongoing pandemic, accepted interns may be required to complete a daily health screening, wear a mask at all times while in the building, and comply with New York City social distancing regulations.
Qualifications and Selection
- Students must be enrolled full-time in an accredited College or University. International Students studying at a degree granting institution in the US are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have a strong desire to pursue a career in the biomedical sciences or healthcare.
- Selection is based upon academic credentials, letters of recommendation, and the congruence of the student’s expressed goals with the internship program. Relevant training or experience is a plus but not required.
Investigators Accepting 2023 Summer Interns
Interested applicants should submit the following documentation:
- A one page personal statement expressing interest for the LFKRI – Summer Undergraduate Research Program. Please indicate a potential area of research interest or lab you would be interested to work in.
- Resume/CV with current GPA.
- Two Letters of Recommendation. Letters of recommendation should be emailed directly from the mentor/faculty to [email protected]
- Applicants should submit their documentation to [email protected].
- Submission deadline has been extended to February 15, 2023.
- Applicants will receive an email notifying them of a decision between March 18-March 21.