Ms. Kessler works with the NYBC Comprehensive Cell Solutions in coordinating and managing many research projects, including budgeting, contracting, operational facilitation for study execution, tracking, documenting and billing.
Her direct research involvement includes the Transfusion-Transmissible Infections Monitoring System (TTIMS); REDS IV studies; and, analyzing data on return of donors who have been deferred for various reasons and investigating behavioral theories related to donor motivation to donate.
IRL-ARC707 – Transfusion‐Transmissible Infections Monitoring System (TTIMS) ‐ Donation Database Coordinating Center (DDCC)
IRL-VRI787 – Transfusion-Transmissible Infections Monitoring System (TTIMS) Laboratory and Risk Factor Coordinating Center (LRCC)
Pace University, Pleasantville, NY, MS, Magna Cum Laude, Nursing Administration
Lehman College, Bronx, NY, BSN
- Steele, WR, Dodd, RY, Notari, EP, et al. HIV, HCV, and HBV incidence and residual risk in US blood donors before and after implementation of the 12‐month deferral policy for men who have sex with men. Transfusion. 2021; 61: 839– 850. https://doi.org/10.1111/trf.16250
- Gowda, L, Vege, S, Kessler, D, Shaz, B, Westhoff, CM. Screening of blood donors for sickle cell trait using a DNA-based approach: Frequency in a multiethnic donor population. Transfusion. 2021; 61: 2008– 2013. https://doi.org/10.1111/trf.16403
- Jain, S, Garg, K, Tran, SM, et al. Characteristics of coronavirus disease 19 convalescent plasma donors and donations in the New York metropolitan area. Transfusion. 2021; 61: 2374– 2383. https://doi.org/10.1111/trf.16421
- Rael, CT, Pierre, D, Frye, V, et al. Evaluating blood donor experiences and barriers/facilitators to blood donation in the United States using YouTube video content. Transfusion. 2021; 61: 2650– 2657. https://doi.org/10.1111/trf.16568
- France, CR, France, JL, Himawan, LK, et al. Results from the blood donor competence, autonomy, and relatedness enhancement (blood donor CARE) randomized trial. Transfusion. 2021; 61: 2637– 2649. https://doi.org/10.1111/trf.16577
- Bakkour, S, Saá, P, Groves, JA, et al. Minipool testing for SARS-CoV-2 RNA in United States blood donors. Transfusion. 2021; 61: 2384– 2391. https://doi.org/10.1111/trf.16511
- Jones JM, Stone M, Sulaeman H, et al. Estimated US Infection- and Vaccine-Induced SARS-CoV-2 Seroprevalence Based on Blood Donations, July 2020-May 2021. JAMA. Published online September 02, 2021.
- France, CR, France, JL, Himawan, LK, Duffy, L, Kessler, DA, Rebosa, M, et al. Fear is associated with attrition of first-time whole blood donors: A longitudinal examination of donor confidence and attitude as potential mediators. Transfusion. 2021; 61: 3372– 3380. https://doi.org/10.1111/trf.16671
- France, JL, France, CR, Rebosa, M, Shaz, BH, Kessler, DA. Promoting awareness of donation-related iron depletion among high risk blood donors. Transfusion. 2021; 61: 3353– 3360. https://doi.org/10.1111/trf.16694
- France, CR, France, JL, Ysidron, DW, Martin, CD, Duffy, L, Kessler, DA, et al. Blood donation motivators and barriers reported by young, first-time whole blood donors: Examining the association of reported motivators and barriers with subsequent donation behavior and potential sex, race, and ethnic group differences. Transfusion. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1111/trf.17162
Full List of Publications