At New York Blood Center Enterprises, the health and well-being of our employees and their families are important to us. That’s why, as part of our total rewards package, we provide comprehensive benefits that offer choice and flexibility. The following is a brief overview of our benefit offerings.
Union employees may not be eligible to participate in certain benefits and should refer to their Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for information regarding their benefit plan options.
- For employees scheduled to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and their qualified dependents.
- Coverage begins on the 1st of the month following the first day of employment.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with generous employer contribution.
- Voluntary Retirement Plan Option (pre-tax and Roth contributions).
Pre-Tax Reimbursement Accounts
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with generous employer contribution.
- Commuter Benefit Plan (available to NYBC employees only).
Voluntary Benefit Plans
- Short term and long term disability.
- Critical illness insurance.
- 529 College Savings Program (available to NYBC employees only).
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance.
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Voluntary AD&D Coverage (in addition to employer paid basic Life and AD&D coverage).
- Accident Insurance.
- Legal Plan.
Training & Development
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
Paid Time Off
- Generous Vacation/Personal/Sick Leave.
- Onsite fitness classes at several NYBC locations.
- Weight Watchers.
- Wellness events.
- Free Hepatitis B vaccines.
- Onsite Flu Shot Clinics.
- Smoking Cessation Program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Free parking is available at several sites.
- NYBC’s employee discount programs.
- Working Advantage.
- Plum Benefits.