Our research is focused on infectious disease epidemiology and prevention research.
Hong Van Tieu, MD, MS
Head, Laboratory of Infectious Disease Prevention
• Leader in HIV and infectious disease epidemiology and prevention research
• Part of the largest clinical trials program devoted to the development and testing of preventive HIV vaccines worldwide
• Participates in studies looking at long-acting injectable medications that work as pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV
• Design and test innovative prevention strategies to increase HIV testing and pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) uptake and reduce risk.
• Part of the NIH/NIAID-funded COVID-19 Prevention Trials Network (CoVPN) testing the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of vaccines to prevent COVID-19